Friday, December 3, 2010

UW Twin Registry

I was recently contacted by the University of Washington about joining their official Twin Registry, used for research purposes. Why not?

They gave me $5. I'm in.

Tell me something I don't know.

The questionnaire was full of fun questions screening for depression and post traumatic stress disorder... but one that was actually twin-related read: "How often did strangers have trouble telling you apart?"HA! A better question would have been, "How often did strangers flat out REFUSE to believe that you were twins?" or "Rejected by height restrictions, how miserable did you feel watching your twin on 'big kid' amusement park rides?" or "How many boys asked you for your twin's number?" In other words, no, UW. People never had trouble telling us apart.

4 comments:

  1. I wasn't without my own problems. I was never sure which one of us was the correct size. Maybe you were normal and I was just huge.

    Do I get to participate at all with this registry? Can I register?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right! I was just telling Laurie that, about how being bigger came with its own awesome set of insecurities. FEE FI FO Here comes the GIANT twin!

    And they'll contact you shortly. I gave them all your info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is the funniest thing I've ever read. - delnora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking from outside the sibling relationship, I think Margaret probably got some of the fallout without the perks of actual twin-dom.

    ReplyDelete