Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Adorable, Formidable Stephanie

Since when am I qualified to take peoples' headshots? Since never. I'm not. But "free" is a good price, and my lovely friends trust me, so I keep getting the opportunity to practice!






I love this crazy girl. We have the same height, sense of humor, and love of theatre, but Stephanie is more honest than me, which I think makes her braver than me as well. I get so wrapped up in trying to make everyone happy that I often feel like I've sacrificed a bit of integrity and sanity in the process. Stephanie tells it like she sees it, loves her friends unreservedly, and doesn't spend time worrying about the people who just plain suck.

One theory I have about growing up a short, petite female is that you're more likely socialized to have an innocent, sickly sweet personality to match, but Stephanie completely defies that. I actually thought Stephanie didn't like me for the longest time because I had put her in the Short Girl Box myself and the lack of pink sparkles in her vocabulary confused me. I didn't understand yet that Stephanie has a 6'2" personality. And for that I think she's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment