Monday, November 15, 2010

Oh! Heeeeeeyy you!

Hey Blog! Long time no see!

What's that? ...Well, it's just that I've been kind of busy.

Yeah, I know that sounds lame. You should never be too busy for friends. But you're not really my friend...you're just a...blog.

Oh come on, I didn't mean that in a bad way! I like you! You're cool. You're so...bloggy. And full of thoughts.

Ok. Ok. Ok. Look - I've dropped the ball, Blog. And I feel really bad about it. Forgive me? Let's move on and I'll try to do better from here on out?

We have some catching up to do. First, I have a new job! After the European adventure, I got word that Book-It Repertory Theatre needed a "Publications and Media Manager," so I worked extra hard on the application (I even designed a mini poster image to advertise myself) and I did my best to nail the interview.

Nailed it.

Which meant that I had my last day at Starbucks! A very, very happy day.

I crowned myself Queen of Starbucks and said my farewells. Farewell to Cory's most epic beard.

Farewell, green apron! And so long, Ash, Kumar, Venu, Venkata, Suds, and Ryan. Keeping you caffeinated was...well, it had its moments.


Hello full time, salaried desk job!

What else...

No more Starbucks dress code means...I am free to be more adventurous with my red!

So adventurous, in fact, that I was featured as "Hot Hair of the Week" on my salon's blog

I made a salmon cheese ball.

I still love my roommate.

I didn't do anything exciting for Halloween except wear my long wig to work.

These guys I met at a restaurant were my Halloween heroes, though. Especially the hairy-chested ballerina who brushed his tutu all over Timmy's head during one of our first dates. Thank you, Capitol Hill.

So right about now, you are undoubtedly shouting at your computer screen, "WAIWAITWAIT, SHANNON. Hold the phone. Just exactly whooooooooooooo is Timmy, pray tell?" At least, I like to think everybody talks like that as they read blogs.

Uh, this is Timmy. But that's about all I'm going to say, cause this is a blog, not a real conversation, and that's awkward.

-End of Transmission-

No comments:

Post a Comment